In this ‘How To’, we will walk through the process of dataset generation and comparison using the new Validation Tool in Amped FIVE. Designed to identify pixel value changes, the tool is a quick way to create initial datasets, and then compare them against others from different software versions or when FIVE is used on different workstations.Continue reading
Category Archives: How to Amped FIVE
Measuring in a Scene: What Filters to Use in Amped FIVE?
Being able to measure an object or a person (or an animal ?!) in a two dimensional image is in high demand these days within the forensic video community.
The following blog post will discuss measuring in a scene and what filters to use in Amped FIVE.
We all know (or should know!) that in Amped FIVE it is possible to calculate measurements such as the height of an unknown person or the speed of a vehicle from CCTV and other video evidence. And we have a variety of different filters in the Measurement group that can do the job just fine, such as Measure 1D, Measure 2D, Measure 3D and Speed Estimation 2D. But what filters shall we use? And which one is going to give us the most accurate results? It depends, of course.
Let’s have a look at the train of thought that will lead us to choose the right filter for our specific circumstances.Continue reading
The Answers To Your Amped FIVE Questions
In the past few years, we have hosted many webinars about our products. During the sessions, we received lots of interesting questions from the participants. Some of them have been asked frequently, so we thought it may be interesting to write them down for people to read them. We take this opportunity to thank you for your participation and we look forward to meeting you or seeing you again at future webinars!
You can check out the next webinars here.Continue reading
20 Hidden Gems in Amped FIVE
This article focuses on several simple Amped FIVE features, hints, and tips that may not be so obvious to you but will work wonders in your workflow! Read on to discover them all.Continue reading
The Full Workflow of Speed Estimation 2d in Amped FIVE
We hope you’re aware of the big news: a few weeks ago, an extraordinary Amped FIVE update rolled out bringing Speed Estimation 2d filter into the software. We’ve dedicated a blog post to explain what the filter does and how to use it, and we recommend that you read that post before going on with this one. Hereafter, indeed, we’ll be explaining how the filter works, how we compute the speed and the uncertainty. Happy reading!Continue reading
How to Use Variable Motion Deblurring in Amped FIVE
One of the biggest challenges in Forensic Video Analysis (FVA), is the restoration and enhancement of motion blur. In this latest ‘How To’ article, published on Forensic Focus, David Spreadborough returns to Amped FIVE and takes us through one of this year’s new filters, Variable Motion Deblurring.
Learn how the filter works to turn blurred noise into restored and actionable data.
Read the full article here.Continue reading
A Farewell to Tip Tuesday and a Collection of All 2020 Tips
Dear friends, it is with a bittersweet feeling that I’m announcing this will be the last Tip Tuesday. The bitter part is just because I’m a bit emotional and I got used to this weekly appointment… but the sweet part is that we’ll continue writing new posts in 2021, just a bit different… so the best is yet to come!
To say goodbye, I’ve prepared a list of the 52 tips that accompanied this difficult 2020, so you have them all here for quick reference. And if you want, you can also take a look at the list of 2019 tips.
Thanks to all our loyal followers, we’ll meet again next year (#bringon2021) ready for a new experience!
- Tired of Clicking? Learn How to Use Amped Authenticate’s Command Line Interface to Quickly Analyze or Triage Lots of Images!
- A Good Way to Say No: Show What’s Actually There With Amped Replay
- To Us “Nice” is Not Enough: Learn How to Further Improve Your Super-Resolution Images in Amped FIVE
- What Have I Done? Learn How to Effectively Show the Improvement You Achieved With Amped Replay
- Different Points of View? No Problem! Use Amped FIVE’s Perspective Aligner to Compare or Integrate Images Taken From Different Angles!
- Where Are You From? Learn How to Investigate Which Camera Model Took an Image Using Exif Metadata and JPEG Quantization Tables
- Lights, Camera, Action! Amped Replay Now Lets You Easily Handle Multiple Annotations
- Brilliant Details: Learn How to Use Amped FIVE’s Macros to Add Adaptive Text to Your Frames and Make Compelling Videos
- The Truth Will Come Out: Easily Verify Time and Location Metadata With Amped Authenticate and Avoid Being Deceived by Them!
- To Rotate or Not To Rotate? Learn How Amped Replay’s Rotate Filter Works and When You Should Use It
- Let’s Get Loud! The Latest Amped FIVE Supports Audio More Than Ever, Take a Quick Tour Into This New World!
- The Sound of Silence: Learn How to Redact Audio in Amped FIVE
- When Sound Beats Light: Use Amped FIVE to Synch Videos Leveraging Their Audio Tracks!
- Unity Is Strength! In Challenging Cases, Amped Authenticate’s Compare CRP Makes Source Device Identification More Accurate
- Few GBs Left? Slow Connection? Amped Replay Lets You Pick Just the Frames You Need, so You Save Data and Don’t Lose Quality!
- Go Live! Let Your PC Be a Witness Using Amped FIVE’s Video Input to Record Everything You Do
- Using Amped Authenticate for Video Source Identification When You Only Have Images As Reference
- Pick the Best Frames With Amped Replay’s Bookmarks to Save Time and Focus on What Matters Most
- How Tall Is the Bad Guy? Reverse Projection in Amped Five With the Video Input Filter
- Amped Authenticate’s PRNU Tampering Filter Turns Sensor Noise Into an Effective Forgery Localization Tool!
- Speed Matters! Amped Replay’s Smooth Playback Makes Playback Fluid Even for High-Resolution Videos
- Did You Know Amped FIVE Allows Real-Time Processing on a Live Video?
- Discover Adaptive JPEG Quantization Tables and Save Yourself From Headaches!
- What Is “Better”? Understanding the Differences Between Amped FIVE or Amped Replay vs Consumer Video Players
- Trading Time for Definition: Learn How to Master Amped FIVE’s Frame Averaging Filter
- Yes, It Makes the Difference! A Practical Guide to Why You Should Keep Your Amped Products Up To Date
- Trading Time for Definition Part 2: Temporal and Motion Smoothing Are the Way to Cleaner and Ghost-Free Videos!
- Deeper and Deeper: Learn How to Verify the Consistency of Image Sequences With Some Less-Known Metadata!
- File Management, Exporting and Backup in Amped Replay
- Stay in the Range! Learn How to Use Amped FIVE’s Show Saturation Feature to Spot Saturated Pixels in Your Images
- Learn How to Use Amped Authenticate’s Shadows Filter Like a Pro for Clearer Results and Faster Processing!
- Customizable Power! Learn How to Customize Amped Replay Interface and Show Only the Features That You Need
- What’s in Your Past? A Guide to Spotting Traces of Double JPEG Compression With Amped Authenticate (Part 1)
- Are You Using the Best Possible Evidence? Amped FIVE’s Video Mixer Helps You Compare Frames and Answer the Question!
- What’s in Your Past? A Guide to Spotting Traces of Double JPEG Compression With Amped Authenticate (Part 2)
- A Guide to Video Exporting Options In Amped Replay
- Amped FIVE’s Histogram Tool: A Simple And Effective Way to Guide Your Enhancement!
- How to Use Amped Authenticate to Reveal Traces of Former JPEG Compression in Seemingly Uncompressed Images
- Handle With Care: Edit Project Files With a Text Editor
- Make Impressive Annotations in Seconds with Amped Replay’s Assisted Tracking
- Learn How to Use Amped FIVE’s Video Mixer to Compare Different Points of the Same Chain
- A Guide to Various Ways of Exporting Results in Amped Authenticate
- Layered Perfection: Learn Different Ways of Adding Multiple Annotations With Amped FIVE
- Learn How to Lock Annotations and Prevent Accidental Modifications in Amped Replay and Amped FIVE
- How to Quickly Find Manipulated Objects With Amped Authenticate’s Shadows Filter
- A Short Guide to Choosing the Right Export Format For Your Images and Videos: Part 1
- A Short Guide to Choosing the Right Export Format For Your Images and Videos: Part 2
- Change Frame Rate and Convert Frame Rate: Which One Should You Use in Your Case
- Discover the Power of the Amped FIVE Assistant With a Guided Example
- Learn How to Create Your Own Amped FIVE Assistant Scripts, It’s a Game Changer!
- How to Use Amped Authenticate Video PRNU to Check Whether a Video and Some Images Are From the Same Camera
- This one!
See you in 2021!
Learn How to Create Your Own Amped FIVE Assistant Scripts, It’s a Game Changer!
Dear readers, welcome to our weekly tip! Today we continue exploring the features and powers of the Amped FIVE Assistant. We’ll see how you can customize and create your own scripts and, most importantly, why you may want to do it. So keep reading and walk with us!Continue reading
Discover the Power of the Amped FIVE Assistant With a Guided Example
Dear Amped friends, welcome! Today we’re sharing a tip that’s been waiting for too long: it’s about Amped FIVE‘s Assistant! It’s a very powerful and handy tool, but many users tend to forget about it… just because they’ve never tried it! We’re thus dedicating a mini-series to the Assistant. Take a breath and dive with us!Continue reading
Change Frame Rate and Convert Frame Rate: Which One Should You Use in Your Case?
Dear friends, welcome to this week’s tip! Today we’re showing the difference between two Amped FIVE filters that often get confused: Convert Frame Rate and Change Frame Rate. We’ll see that they’re similar in the name, but they do something quite different. Keep reading to find out more!Continue reading