We are happy to announce our new Amped Tutorials video series, in which we’ll discuss various interesting topics to help you understand how to use our products in the best and quickest possible way. And the first section of these videos will be dedicated to annotations, including features often very used for video redaction!Continue reading
Dear Amped friends, today we are speaking about our Software Maintenance and Support (SMS) plan. As with any software you may use in the course of your work and in everyday life, there are several benefits that an active support plan can bring to you, like being able to count on support professionals when things go wrong, as they almost always will.
So, what are the most important parts of Amped Software support plan? Keep reading to find out!
1) Access to Software Updates
First and most importantly, customers with an active support plan have immediate access to software updates for each of the Amped Software products. Most of these updates will include new filters or features to the Amped product line that go far beyond routine bug fixes. In the past year, we released at least four updates to each of the Amped Software tools which contain many new filters and features not available in previous versions:
- PRNU identification and tampering detection for video, the Shadows filter, Smart Report, and batch processing were added to Amped Authenticate.
- Amped DVRConv saw the addition of twelve new video formats and support for almost 30 variations of already supported formats.
- Audio Redaction, Picture in Picture, Annotate, and Variable Motion Deblurring were some of the features and filters added to Amped FIVE.
- Additionally, Amped Replay also received the Annotate filter plus keyframe and smart tracking, and a Spotlight tool.
The Amped team works tirelessly to deliver the best experience possible to the user. A great deal of development and testing goes into each new filter or feature to keep the user productive and efficient in their daily work. Additionally, we’ve got some amazing filters and features planned for all Amped products in the second half of 2021 and later!
Having an active SMS assures users with the best Amped Software tools available at their disposal.
2) Access to Support
Another benefit that comes along with an active SMS plan is having access to the Amped Software support team. While Amped Software tools can play or convert the vast majority of the proprietary video formats in use, there is always the random new format or codec that hasn’t yet been addressed. Users in support can upload their unplayable file into the Amped Support Portal and the team will get to work decoding the video file to be able to convert it to a playable format. When the conversion is successful, the newly decoded and supported format is added to the Amped library and that once “unplayable” file format is added to all Amped software tools in a future update. A beta version of the software may also be provided to the user who originally sent the file so it is possible to resume processing of the evidence with minimal interruption. The Amped support team is also available to consult with users regarding evidence or forensic processes and is eager to take user feedback on how to further improve all Amped Software tools.
3) Quick & Easy Renewal
The third benefit allows the software to continue to run in certain licensing instances. New for 2021 is the implementation of subscription-based licensing and license bundle options for all Amped Software products.
The subscription licenses and bundles have become a very popular option for agencies and forensic professionals new to Amped Software because of the savings they provide over perpetual licenses. However, the subscription license must have an active plan for the software to keep working. Regardless of what type of license you have, we’ve streamlined the renewal process, making it very easy and efficient: renewal can often be done quickly and without interruption to your service.
Whether it’s to save time resolving issues with troublesome video or media formats, staying up to date with the latest Amped filters and features, or having access to the experts who can provide tailor-made support, there are many great reasons to maintaining an active SMS plan. Doing so will result in less downtime, improved performance, and leaves you with the confidence there is no challenge you can’t tackle head-on. Who doesn’t want that!
So Don’t Delay – Update Today!
If you need to renew your SMS plan, please contact Amped Software or an authorized distributor.
Users can also always access the Amped User Support Portal to install and update to the latest version, manage licenses and requests, and download training certificates.
We’re excited to once again bring you Amped User Days 2021. This free virtual event is taking place from April 20-22, 2021 with a rich panel of speakers from Amped Software and experts from the industry. Register today and join us!
It’s always such a great opportunity to catch up with our users from around the world and experts from the industry, to exchange ideas and get product feedback. In this three-day event, you will be able to meet the team behind Amped Software products, ask questions, discuss product improvements, and interact with other Amped users.Continue reading
We have exciting news regarding product licensing.
As of today, all our software products are available with an annual subscription license, as an alternative to the perpetual licensing we’ve always had.
Different organizations have different needs, budget availability, and purchasing processes, so we thought that adding another option would be the best way to ease and speed up the acquisition process.
So, how do you choose which model is best for your case? We have prepared a simple comparison chart.
|Perpetual License||Subscription License|
|Price||Higher initial cost|
Lower annual SMS cost (optional)
|Fixed cost per year|
|What happens at expiration||The software continues to work but access to updates and support is lost||The software stops working|
|What happens when renewing after the expiration||Missing time must be compensated||Restarts from the purchase date|
But this is just the beginning. We know that purchasing within government or large organizations is not always as easy as it should be. What are the main issues?
Very often, the end user is not the decision-maker nor actually part of the purchasing process. It’s not always clear what number of licenses are needed months before the purchase would hopefully be finalized, and sometimes not even the products that are needed. And let’s not forget about the difficulties of getting training (especially in some countries), which is an essential part of what we do.
So we created three bundles, which cover typical use cases for our customers in order to help them easily overcome some of these issues.
- With the Amped Ultimate Team Subscription, you get all our products (Amped Replay, Amped DVRConv, Amped FIVE, Amped Authenticate) and Online Training classes at a fixed and convenient annual price.
- With the Amped FIVE Team Subscription, you get 4 seats of Amped FIVE and 2 Online Training seats per year.
- With the Amped Replay Team Subscription, you get 20 seats of Amped Replay and a private Online Training session for up to 10 investigators, every year.
These bundles do not only simplify your choices but offer huge savings over single licenses and training classes.
We accomplished a lot this year but we thought we would share with you the top 20 to celebrate this crazy 2020 (#pandemiclife) and to welcome a new (and hopefully brighter) year ahead (#bringon2021)!
- We all survived the pandemic and successfully implemented working from home, for the entire team, in just one day.
- Despite the disruptions and economic crisis caused by COVID-19, we managed to have another successful business year and even greatly expanded our international team.
- Offered work-from-home licenses to our users to help them cope with the pandemic.
- Switched to a digital licensing model, by default, for all our products.
- Implemented online training for Amped FIVE and Amped Authenticate and trained more people than any other year.
- Delivered 25 successful webinars to provide new and existing users with insights into the challenges faced in forensic video and digital multimedia evidence processing.
- Launched the Filter Friday video series on YouTube, publishing 38 videos.
- Educated, informed and inspired our users with 110 blog posts.
- Continued to contribute to the forensic and scientific community in many ways, including the publication of scientific papers in top scientific journals and at conferences.
- Added folders support to History in Amped FIVE.
- Added dynamic annotation with the Annotate filter to Amped FIVE.
- Added Audio Redaction to Amped FIVE.
- Added Smooth Playback in Amped Replay.
- Added Spotlight in Amped Replay.
- Added assisted annotation tracking in Amped Replay and Amped FIVE.
- Added support for cropped and scaled images in Amped Authenticate’s PRNU feature.
- Added the Shadows analysis filter in Amped Authenticate.
- Integrated Amped Authenticate with Suncalc.org.
- Started implementing video authentication features in Amped Authenticate.
- Added and improved proprietary DVR conversion in the Amped Conversion Engine that is included in Amped DVRConv, Amped FIVE and Amped Replay.
Merry Holidays and Happy New Year everyone!
See you in 2021!
To everyone who counted on us to be your partner in this fight against crime and to ensure the communities we all live in are safe, Thank You!
From everyone at Amped Software, Happy Holidays!
Every Friday we will publish a video that teaches you how to use the filters in Amped FIVE. Learn how easy it is to use the Video Loader filter to load a video from a file, how to use the Local Stabilization filter to stabilize a shaky video by keeping the current selection steady, and much much more.
We have more than 100 filters in Amped FIVE, so we’ll be busy creating these videos for you! Subscribe to the Amped Software YouTube channel now, so you don’t miss any!
Below is the first video in our series: Filter Group: Load – Filter Name: Video Loader.
Happy Filter Friday everyone!
Today we are announcing important news to help our users and distributors to better cope with our software acquisition, activation, and learning processes during this difficult time. We do hope that everyone is staying safe, and we are thankful for the important work that you are doing in serving your communities.
TEMPORARY WORK-FROM-HOME LICENSES
With a lot of our users working from home, many are not able to access their workstation or move the dongle and installation to a computer they are using at home. During this time we want to help however we can in balancing solving cases and keeping safe. For this reason, we are offering to our users who have a license with an active SMS (software maintenance and support) plan, the possibility to further install our software on other machines and activate it with a temporary digital license that will work until the end of May.
In order to request a work-from-home license, please contact our technical support, indicating your dongle serial and the email address of the user who needs access to the license.
If you are not a user yet, or your SMS has expired, don’t worry, feel free to contact us anyways and we’ll evaluate options to best help your organization.
In order to continue to provide training to our users during this current state of emergency where travel is impossible, we are very excited to announce that we are now offering official online training sessions. The training will be live with one of our experienced trainers. We have already added the first classes to our training schedule, with more coming soon.
Effective immediately, we are providing digital licenses for all our products. Digital licenses will be our default option going forward.
Currently, most of our products have been protected by a USB dongle. However, shipping a physical component for our software is becoming increasingly complicated and risky at the moment:
- We need to ship the parcel. We are working from home, but some of us need to go to the office to prepare the dongle shipment and to deliver it to the courier. If there are no alternatives, this can be done, but I’d rather have our colleagues stay at home for their safety and the safety of our community. Please note that Italy now is in full lock-down, most industrial and commercial activities must be closed if employees are not working from home, and we are allowed to go out only for strict necessities or emergencies.
- The customer (end user and/or distributor) needs to receive the parcel. Similar risks as above for our customers. With millions of people around the world starting to work from home, finding someone available to pick up the parcel is another complication.
- The shipping may be delayed. People can’t go out, so they are buying a lot online and couriers are overwhelmed with the amount of merchandise they need to move, clearly causing further risks for their personnel. We see that several of our shipments are experiencing quite a bit of delay, compared to our normally very efficient turnaround time.
- Users need to work from home. Several of our users are currently working from home, and accessing the dongle or the computer they left in the office can be a problem if they need to use our products.
It has been a rather sudden decision, but for all the reasons above we decided to switch to digital licenses as the default license for the time being. What does it mean?
- We don’t need to ship anything. Everything will be accessible electronically.
- Faster access to your license. As soon as we process the order, you should be able to download and install the license.
- Installation or activation wherever you are. Whether you are in the office, on the field, or at home, you can download and activate the software without the need for the dongle as long as you have available seats on your license.
Please note that USB dongle licenses will still be available as an option, but only if explicitly requested when placing an order: by default we will provide digital licenses. If you really need the dongle, you need to clearly specify this request and you should be prepared for the fact that shipping can take longer than usual for the next weeks or months.
As usual, if you have any questions on digital licenses, temporary work-from-home licenses, or need more information about online training, please feel free to contact us.
Be safe everybody.
A lot of our users, partners, and friends reached out to ask how we are doing during this difficult moment with COVID-19 in Italy. Thank you for thinking and caring about us, this means a lot to us. In general, the situation is quite surreal. We are allowed to go out just for groceries and other necessary items, or to go to work, where working from home is not possible.
At Amped, we are doing everything possible to keep us, our families and communities safe.
Even before the increase of cases and the complete lock-down, as a precautionary measure, I asked everybody to work from home as much as possible. We have all been working from home for three weeks already. At the moment, everyone in Amped and our families are OK, and we are doing everything possible to keep it this way. They say the peak in Italy will be this week, so in our “virtual” office we are all keeping in touch with frequent calls and funny memes in chat, just to keep it easy in this difficult time.
Because of all of this, we had to put on hold various events and training sessions that were already scheduled. We are monitoring the situation for the ones coming up in the next months, but for now, and for later, our main priority is the health and safety of our team and our users.
We know our users were excited to attend the Amped User Day we scheduled in Birmingham, UK on September 21, but unfortunately, we decided that it would be better for everyone if we also postponed this event for a later, safer time. We will let you know when we set a new date for it.
Other than that, we are fully functional: software development, sales operations, and technical support operations are working as usual. If we have conference calls, you might hear some children screaming in the background… but that’s about it.
While I hope it will not happen, I am truly afraid the virus will spread in many other countries like it did in Italy. Please be careful and do not underestimate the risks and the recommendations provided by your local governments.
Be safe everybody, #andratuttobene #everythingwillbefine
Dear Amped Blog readers! Thanks for being here today, December 31st, the last day of this wonderful year. But most of all thanks for following our Tip Tuesday appointments throughout the year. We’ve shared 51 tips with you this year and we sincerely hope they’ve been useful to you. (We made an exception to the weekly schedule in March, when the great Amped Replay was launched, that’s why they’re not 52.) We had positive feedback from you all in terms of visits and messages, so I’m excited to announce that Tip Tuesdays will continue in 2020!
Today’s tip is kind of a utility one: it provides a list to all the tips we’ve written this year, so you can quickly scroll or search through them and catch up with those you may have missed.Continue reading