Dear Amped friends, we’re glad to announce that our research team, in collaboration with prof. Sergio Carrato (University of Trieste), authored a new scientific article! The title is the same as this post’s: “Does Deep Learning-Based Super-Resolution Help Humans With Face Recognition?”.Continue reading
Images and videos are often the main sources of evidence within an investigation or trial. But how can this evidence be trusted?Continue reading
Here we are again, another busy year is quickly coming to an end and we are very excited to share some of the best achievements we’ve reached together in 2021. Many things have happened in the last 12 months, from software updates to new licensing options and the launch of new blog post series. Check out this year’s top 21 news:Continue reading
Deepfakes and computer-generated images have been around for a few years now, and they’ve become quite popular. We’ve recently authored an article in the Evidence Technology Magazine about the challenging task of Dealing with deepfakes. Much like it happens for cryptography-vs-cryptanalysis, a fight is going on here between those developing advanced neural networks, capable of creating more and more realistic fakes, and those aiming at detecting them. This fight is mostly guided by researchers, but video forensic analysts and everyone dealing with forensic image analysis are necessarily involved, since they may soon have to face deepfakes in their investigations!Continue reading
Today we are not announcing a great software update, a webinar, or an event, as usual, but something quite new for us. We are very excited to share the launch of a new online community dedicated to our users on Discord!Continue reading
We are happy to announce our new Amped Tutorials video series, in which we’ll discuss various interesting topics to help you understand how to use our products in the best and quickest possible way. And the first section of these videos will be dedicated to annotations, including features often very used for video redaction!Continue reading
Dear Amped friends, today we are speaking about our Software Maintenance and Support (SMS) plan. As with any software you may use in the course of your work and in everyday life, there are several benefits that an active support plan can bring to you, like being able to count on support professionals when things go wrong, as they almost always will.
So, what are the most important parts of Amped Software support plan? Keep reading to find out!
1) Access to Software Updates
First and most importantly, customers with an active support plan have immediate access to software updates for each of the Amped Software products. Most of these updates will include new filters or features to the Amped product line that go far beyond routine bug fixes. In the past year, we released at least four updates to each of the Amped Software tools which contain many new filters and features not available in previous versions:
- PRNU identification and tampering detection for video, the Shadows filter, Smart Report, and batch processing were added to Amped Authenticate.
- Amped DVRConv saw the addition of twelve new video formats and support for almost 30 variations of already supported formats.
- Audio Redaction, Picture in Picture, Annotate, and Variable Motion Deblurring were some of the features and filters added to Amped FIVE.
- Additionally, Amped Replay also received the Annotate filter plus keyframe and smart tracking, and a Spotlight tool.
The Amped team works tirelessly to deliver the best experience possible to the user. A great deal of development and testing goes into each new filter or feature to keep the user productive and efficient in their daily work. Additionally, we’ve got some amazing filters and features planned for all Amped products in the second half of 2021 and later!
Having an active SMS assures users with the best Amped Software tools available at their disposal.
2) Access to Support
Another benefit that comes along with an active SMS plan is having access to the Amped Software support team. While Amped Software tools can play or convert the vast majority of the proprietary video formats in use, there is always the random new format or codec that hasn’t yet been addressed. Users in support can upload their unplayable file into the Amped Support Portal and the team will get to work decoding the video file to be able to convert it to a playable format. When the conversion is successful, the newly decoded and supported format is added to the Amped library and that once “unplayable” file format is added to all Amped software tools in a future update. A beta version of the software may also be provided to the user who originally sent the file so it is possible to resume processing of the evidence with minimal interruption. The Amped support team is also available to consult with users regarding evidence or forensic processes and is eager to take user feedback on how to further improve all Amped Software tools.
3) Quick & Easy Renewal
The third benefit allows the software to continue to run in certain licensing instances. New for 2021 is the implementation of subscription-based licensing and license bundle options for all Amped Software products.
The subscription licenses and bundles have become a very popular option for agencies and forensic professionals new to Amped Software because of the savings they provide over perpetual licenses. However, the subscription license must have an active plan for the software to keep working. Regardless of what type of license you have, we’ve streamlined the renewal process, making it very easy and efficient: renewal can often be done quickly and without interruption to your service.
Whether it’s to save time resolving issues with troublesome video or media formats, staying up to date with the latest Amped filters and features, or having access to the experts who can provide tailor-made support, there are many great reasons to maintaining an active SMS plan. Doing so will result in less downtime, improved performance, and leaves you with the confidence there is no challenge you can’t tackle head-on. Who doesn’t want that!
So Don’t Delay – Update Today!
If you need to renew your SMS plan, please contact Amped Software or an authorized distributor.
Users can also always access the Amped User Support Portal to install and update to the latest version, manage licenses and requests, and download training certificates.
We’re excited to once again bring you Amped User Days 2021. This free virtual event is taking place from April 20-22, 2021 with a rich panel of speakers from Amped Software and experts from the industry. Register today and join us!
It’s always such a great opportunity to catch up with our users from around the world and experts from the industry, to exchange ideas and get product feedback. In this three-day event, you will be able to meet the team behind Amped Software products, ask questions, discuss product improvements, and interact with other Amped users.Continue reading
We have exciting news regarding product licensing.
As of today, all our software products are available with an annual subscription license, as an alternative to the perpetual licensing we’ve always had.
Different organizations have different needs, budget availability, and purchasing processes, so we thought that adding another option would be the best way to ease and speed up the acquisition process.
So, how do you choose which model is best for your case? We have prepared a simple comparison chart.
|Perpetual License||Subscription License|
|Price||Higher initial cost|
Lower annual SMS cost (optional)
|Fixed cost per year|
|What happens at expiration||The software continues to work but access to updates and support is lost||The software stops working|
|What happens when renewing after the expiration||Missing time must be compensated||Restarts from the purchase date|
But this is just the beginning. We know that purchasing within government or large organizations is not always as easy as it should be. What are the main issues?
Very often, the end user is not the decision-maker nor actually part of the purchasing process. It’s not always clear what number of licenses are needed months before the purchase would hopefully be finalized, and sometimes not even the products that are needed. And let’s not forget about the difficulties of getting training (especially in some countries), which is an essential part of what we do.
So we created three bundles, which cover typical use cases for our customers in order to help them easily overcome some of these issues.
- With the Amped Ultimate Team Subscription, you get all our products (Amped Replay, Amped DVRConv, Amped FIVE, Amped Authenticate) and Online Training classes at a fixed and convenient annual price.
- With the Amped FIVE Team Subscription, you get 4 seats of Amped FIVE and 2 Online Training seats per year.
- With the Amped Replay Team Subscription, you get 20 seats of Amped Replay and a private Online Training session for up to 10 investigators, every year.
These bundles do not only simplify your choices but offer huge savings over single licenses and training classes.
We accomplished a lot this year but we thought we would share with you the top 20 to celebrate this crazy 2020 (#pandemiclife) and to welcome a new (and hopefully brighter) year ahead (#bringon2021)!
- We all survived the pandemic and successfully implemented working from home, for the entire team, in just one day.
- Despite the disruptions and economic crisis caused by COVID-19, we managed to have another successful business year and even greatly expanded our international team.
- Offered work-from-home licenses to our users to help them cope with the pandemic.
- Switched to a digital licensing model, by default, for all our products.
- Implemented online training for Amped FIVE and Amped Authenticate and trained more people than any other year.
- Delivered 25 successful webinars to provide new and existing users with insights into the challenges faced in forensic video and digital multimedia evidence processing.
- Launched the Filter Friday video series on YouTube, publishing 38 videos.
- Educated, informed and inspired our users with 110 blog posts.
- Continued to contribute to the forensic and scientific community in many ways, including the publication of scientific papers in top scientific journals and at conferences.
- Added folders support to History in Amped FIVE.
- Added dynamic annotation with the Annotate filter to Amped FIVE.
- Added Audio Redaction to Amped FIVE.
- Added Smooth Playback in Amped Replay.
- Added Spotlight in Amped Replay.
- Added assisted annotation tracking in Amped Replay and Amped FIVE.
- Added support for cropped and scaled images in Amped Authenticate’s PRNU feature.
- Added the Shadows analysis filter in Amped Authenticate.
- Integrated Amped Authenticate with Suncalc.org.
- Started implementing video authentication features in Amped Authenticate.
- Added and improved proprietary DVR conversion in the Amped Conversion Engine that is included in Amped DVRConv, Amped FIVE and Amped Replay.
Merry Holidays and Happy New Year everyone!
See you in 2021!