I am not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the most important Amped FIVE updates in years!
In this version, we have released a new operational mode in Amped FIVE through a panel called the “Assistant”. The concept is extremely simple but opens a world of possibilities. I had this idea during a meeting in the US about one year ago. I hacked a quick and dirty prototype in a couple of hours and showed it to a few users at the LEVA conference to gather feedback. From then on, we worked to improve it and prepare some scripts.
In the last few years, Amped FIVE has grown like crazy, with more than 100 filters for every kind of issue. It has been adopted by experienced analysts and beginners, and used on cases of local, national and international level.
This raised a few interesting challenges:
- With so many filters, how are you supposed to know the best tool to use in every case?
- How do you enforce your agency SOPs for specific needs and workflows?
- How do you easily help beginners and your new colleagues that are new to the job with the wealth of options available?
- How do you automate repetitive and boring tasks?
- How do you avoid human error with repeatable and documented practices?
We had a few ideas for a funny and helpful character.
Or maybe a more awesome classical wizard with its annoying modal interface.
Not really. The solution is much simpler.
Meet the Amped FIVE Assistant.