Amped Blog. The forensic image processing blog.
Amped FIVE is the most advanced software for enhancement of security videos and Milestone is the leading provider of IP video management software. FIVE is fully integrated with the Milestone XProtect server; with FIVE you can process, in real time, the live stream provided by the XProtect server or apply any image enhancement filter to a specific range of time to files in the archive. Milestone integration is included in both our Amped FIVE Express and Amped FIVE Professional editions.
How does the integration work?
FIVE can be connected directly to the XProtect server, in parallel to the Milestone Smart Client. To read the images from a live stream or from the archive in FIVE you need to do the following steps:
- Start a new project
- Add a filter Load / Milestone Client
- Provide the same settings you would insert into the Smart Client (Host, Port, Username, Password, Authentication)
- Click Connect
- Once connected you can choose the Camera from the dropdown menu
- Click Apply to start viewing the video
- If the check box Live Video is active, you will see the real time stream coming from the camera
- If the check box Live Video is deselected, you will need to insert the time interval you want to see and then click Apply to browse the interval in the archive
What are the benefits of Milestone integration?
Importing and exporting is always a time consuming phase of analysis. Conversion of many proprietary formats can lead to errors that can invalidate a case or may not even be possible. Downscaling and conversion features of some proprietary players often reduce resolution far too much and may lead to the loss of precious information or introduction of new problems in the image or video.
Milestone and Amped have partnered to address these problems and offer Milestone users a robust and elegant solution. With the integration of FIVE with Milestone you can save a lot of time and better manage the workflow without the risks of losing quality or data. Thanks to this integration partnership Milestone is the only IP video management software that offers advanced image enhancement features and FIVE is the only forensic video enhancement and analysis software integrated with a surveillance server.
Speed is also a huge benefit. The innovation with Amped FIVE is that every tool and setting is a filter. Whether you are loading a file, selecting frames, or modifying the contrast; in FIVE you are simply applying a filter rather than re-rendering an image or modifying the original stream. With this concept, you can combine an unlimited number filters in any order to find the best solution and result. Adding, deleting, or reconfiguring filters is done without modifying the original file. In this way it’s very easy to test different combinations until you reach the desired result or modify filter settings on a live stream as environmental conditions change or for a new area of interest.
What can I do?
Basically you can apply any filter in Amped FIVE on a Milestone stream or archived video. For live streams, processing and filters can be applied in real time. No conversion is necessary and both resolution and data integrity are maintained.
See some samples.Martino Jerian
- Forensic Imaging Software: analysis or demonstratives? http://t.co/UXMvWwhv4q
- We want to hear YOU! If you work in a law enforcement agency or you are a forensic professional, complete our survey. http://t.co/ulqhKQa8xB
- Optical Filters Can Enhance the Evidentiary Value of Forensic Images ☚ http://t.co/cu9rbQ0Vl4
- Amped Five to Revere PD with Spirit of Blue http://t.co/jTCfRNsmcn
- RT @sebattiato: “@wireditalia:la foto vincitrice del WPP è autentica http://t.co/JS7UhBWcA3” sará vero?rivolgetevi agli esperti:@ampedsoft…
- Amped Five to Revere PD with Spirit of Blue http://t.co/TzAqARzMEz
- Tutorial: How to enhance video with Amped Five in a simple, fast and precise way #videoediting #videoevidence http://t.co/blJeF9tGdY
- Last examples of how Amped image enhancement software works! https://t.co/w88uiAiNdx ☚ http://t.co/LOgDWdbGMQ http://t.co/2u8HOiADMu
- New tutorial: Image And Video Stabilization with Amped Five http://t.co/XkcvW9251J
- Amped Five update 5027 is out. Get it now! #fiveupdate http://t.co/FQGGhqcxf3
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- November 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- July 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- November 2007